One of the most promising and unique advantages of medical tourism is the full certification of advanced medical procedures related to stem cell research. While not all stem cell related medical work is fully available within the United States, Fly Away Medical offers the ability for you or your loved ones to participate in the cutting edge medical technologies surrounding stem cell research.
Cosmetic surgery, or plastic surgery, might seem like the easiest way to shave years off your appearance or improve your physique. If you're not satisfied with your appearance, cosmetic surgery may help you not only to look better, but also to feel better. As with any surgery, though, cosmetic surgery has risks and limitations. Here's what you need to know if you're considering cosmetic surgery.
Factors to consider
Cosmetic surgery changes your appearance by altering parts of your body that function normally but don't look the way you want. Before you proceed with cosmetic surgery, consider:
- Your expectations. Anticipate improvement, not perfection. If you expect cosmetic surgery to turn you into a movie star, you're bound to be disappointed. Don't count on surgery to save a rocky relationship, gain a promotion or improve your social life.
- Expense. Cosmetic surgery isn't covered by most health insurance plans. The cost varies depending on the procedure, ranging from hundreds to thousands of dollars. Also consider the cost of any follow-up care or additional corrective procedures.
- Risks. Dissatisfaction is possible after any type of cosmetic surgery. Surgical complications are possible, too — including excessive bleeding or infection at the surgical site.
- Recovery. After cosmetic surgery, you may need days, weeks or even months to recover. Understand the physical effects that may be part of your recovery, as well as how the surgery may affect aspects of your personal and professional life.
- Psychological changes. Your self-esteem might improve after cosmetic surgery, but cosmetic surgery isn't likely to relieve depression or other mental health conditions.
Learn more about the cosmetic dental procedures that allow us to create a beautiful new smile just for you...We provide and specialize in:
- Extensive experience in cosmetic dentistry and restorative dentistry
- Porcelain veneers
- Exclusive use of the highest quality tooth colored fillings
- CEREC one visit porcelain crowns
- Highest quality tooth color fillings
- Implant dentistry to replace missing teeth
- Additional cosmetic dental options to improve your smile
IVF laboratory procedures
The full spectrum of IVF laboratory procedures are performed through Fly Away Medical, including:
- Fertilization with intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI).
ICSI is when insufficient sperm are available, sperm parameters are compromised, or when previous fertilization methods have failed. Through ICSI, even the most severe cases of male infertility – very low numbers of sperm or even no sperm in the ejaculate – can be successfully treated with IVF. In these cases, sperm often can be obtained from the testes or epididymis by a minor outpatient procedure.
- Assisted hatching.
In order for an embryo to implant in the uterus it must break through the zona pellucida, a thin "shell" surrounding the embryo. The process of the embryo breaking through the zona pellucida is called "hatching." Hatching can be aided by making a tiny opening in the zona pellucida just prior to transferring the embryo to the uterus. In Cleveland Clinic's IVF program, assisted hatching is routinely performed on all embryos before they are transferred to the uterus.
- Embryo freezing.
Surplus embryos not transferred to the patient's uterus may be able to be frozen ("cryopreserved") for future use by the couple. In Cleveland Clinic's IVF program, cryopreservation of embryos is carried out either on the third day after egg retrieval when the embryo is between 6 and 8 cells in size or on the fifth or sixth day after egg retrieval (the "blastocyst" stage). Embryos that have potential to become successful pregnancies in the future are cryopreserved.
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD).
PGD involves removing a single cell from a developing embryo at the eight-cell stage. The cell is then analyzed for chromosomal and / or specific genetic disorders. For patients with sex-linked diseases or single gene disorders such as cystic fibrosis, genetic screening of embryos is a powerful technique. In these patients, IVF coupled with embryo screening can greatly reduce the risk of offspring being affected by the disease.
- Oocyte / ovarian tissue cryopreservation.
Our approved IVF laboratory is becoming increasingly active in the area of freezing eggs and ovarian tissue There have been very few births resulting form ovarian tissue cryopreservation and it is clearly very experimental. Egg freezing has become much more successful in the past few years but it also is still considered to be experimental. After appropriate informed consent egg freezing is currently being offered to:
Women with cancer who are about to undergo chemotherapy that can cause their ovaries to be unable to make eggs in the future
Women who are undergoing In Vitro Fertilization who do not feel comfortable freezing all or any embryos
Women in their 30's who want to delay child bearing
- 24-CHR screen.
Fly Away Medical is offering a new technique for screening patient embryos and selecting those most likely to result in a pregnancy. This powerful new technique know as Trophectoderm Biopsy allows the removal of multiple cells at the blastocyst stage. Embryos can be examined for inherited genetic disorders as well as chromosomal abnormalities. Patients with recurrent losses or at risk for chromosomal abnormalities can have their embryos analyzed using the new Genesis-24 screen. By testing a patient's embryos for chromosomal abnormalities and selecting only normal embryos for transfer, the patient's opportunity for a pregnancy with a healthy baby is increased. The Genesis-24 technique is quite powerful and allows transfer of embryos in the same IVF cycle.
Fly Away Medical's Executive Health Program offers busy executives an efficient, cost-effective way to manage their health and reduce medical absences. Thousands of executives from companies throughout the world participate in the Executive Health Program, available at all three Mayo Clinic locations.
In one to three days, you'll receive:
- A comprehensive medical history review and physical exam by an internal medicine specialist and referrals to subspecialists, as necessary
- A full range of preventive screening tests for early detection of cancer, heart disease and other serious conditions
- A heart (cardiovascular) fitness evaluation
- A review and update of medications, vaccinations and immunizations, including those needed for international travel
- A lifestyle assessment including review of nutrition, stress management, alcohol, tobacco, and other indicators of disease
- A full report of your test results
Your evaluation is customized to your personal health needs and is strictly confidential. The length of your visit may be extended if the initial health review identifies issues requiring additional testing.
The program blends well-known diagnostic expertise with the latest in preventive medicine. Many participants have been diagnosed with a previously undiscovered condition during an executive health exam.
Fly Away Medical's executive health doctors have extensive experience in evaluating health risk factors in healthy people and in people experiencing symptoms of illness or injury. These doctors have access to all of the latest medical resources and can coordinate your care, if you have multiple health concerns.
Each athlete is supported by a team of professional tutors who provide sports science and pastoral support. All athletes attend a tailor made lecture/practical programme covering topics such as sports physiology, nutrition, psychology, vision screening, injury prevention and management, strength & conditioning and lifestyle management. Squad members also receive full medical and physiotherapy screening by a sports physician and a team of proven and pre-screened physiotherapists.